Individuals who are neither Canadian Permanent Residents, or Canadian Citizens, and who wish to temporarily reside in Canada for employment purposes will likely have to apply for a Work Permit.

Foreign skilled workers must have temporary offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be granted a Temporary Work Permit by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. It is for the purposes of allowing a foreign national to work in Canada to fill a labour shortage, and to support economic growth in Canada.

Types of Work Permit:  Open Work Permit, Closed Work Permit, Intra-Company Transfer, Clergy Visa, Working Holiday Visa and others.


Study Permits are for Foreign Nationals who wish to study at an educational institution in Canada.

Dependents either a spouse or children of those who are temporarily residing in Canada require a Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit to Study in Canada. Dependents who are under age at the time of application would be accredited to study as same as other permanent residence of Canada.

If an individual wish to study in a short-term program in Canada, may not need a study permit if that last six months or less.

For individuals who obtained College diploma or University degree from recognized institution of Canada may eligible to apply for post-graduation work permit up to a maximum of three years


Foreign nationals require Visitor Permit to visit or travel to Canada. Initial Visitor Permit is valid for 6 months and it is renewable up to 12 months. Visitor visa should not be used for employment or to study in Canada.


As of November 9, 2016, travellers with passports from eTA-required counties; visa-exempt foreign nationals who enter Canada by air will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Exceptions include U.S. Citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.

* eTA Application :


Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may apply for Super Visa. It is a temporary resident permit that allows a parent or grandparent to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time and it is renewable for five times.

Required documents:

  • Invitation letter from inviter
  • Inviter’s Financial Statement
  • Valid Canadian insurance coverage of the invitee for at least one year



5700 Yonge Street, Unit 200
North York, Ontario M2M 4K2
T 416.727.4433

Office Hours

Monday to Friday:
10:00 am to 06:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed


201 Portage Avenue 18th Floor
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3K6


421 7th Avenue, SW, 30th Floor
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4K9
 T 587.896.4433
KakaoTalk Contact - Together Immigration in KR