A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is sometimes called a confirmation letter from Employment and Social Development Canada that gives the employer permission to hire a temporary worker.
A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job that employer is offering and no Canadian worker is available to the job. With the positive LMIA, a foreign worker is eligible to apply for work permit.
Applicant who apply permanent residence through Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class under Express Entry system, the positive LMIA will award 50 to 200 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System.
- Business must have been in operation for at least one fiscal year
- Filing business income tax
- Business is in stage of growing
- Company sales requirement differ according to the nature of business
Express Entry additional points with LMIA:
- 50 Points – NOC Code 0, A, or B(Skilled Worker)
- 200 Points – NOC Code 00(Major Group)
- 50 or 200 Points – NAFTA / Intra Company Transferees
KEEP IN TOUCH
4773 Yonge Street, Unit 5J
Toronto, Ontario M2N 0G2